Using Moto Migrate
Migrate allows you to transfer photos, videos, music, volume and screen brightness settings, call and text history as well as SIM contacts from your old Android smartphone to your new smartphone.
Click here for video highlighting the Migrate app.
To Migrate your data:
From an Android phone
- Open Motorola Migrate on your new phone
- Download Motorola Migrate, from Google Play, on your old phone, and press Start
- For versions of Migrate that are 1.3 or higher, select the content you want to transfer
- Use QR scanner on old phone to scan QR code on new phone
- Pairing and connection will proceed automatically
Note: Motorola Migrate can only transfer media from devices with Android 2.2 (Froyo) and above, to Motorola phones running Android 4.2 and above.
- Motorola Migrate will take about 10 minutes to transfer 2GB of data.
- For Migrate 1.3 or higher, your SIM contacts will be automatically imported.
- For versions below 1.3, you will need to import SIM contacts to your contact list after migrating them over.
- To import SIM contacts,Touch > People > Menu > Import/Export > Import from SIM card > Select desired account
- The transfer process is device-to-device, so there are no data costs incurred.
- Memory will vary between phones. If there is insufficient memory on your new phone, you will have the option to choose fewer items to Migrate once you pair your phones.
Note: you must have Migrate 1.3 or higher in order to have this option.
If you have a version of Migrate that is lower than 1.3, Migrate will detect that you have insufficient memory and transfer items in order of importance. To check memory usage on your previous phone, go to Apps > Settings > Storage
- If you receive an error while transfering we recommend you try running Migrate again to resolve.
- To switch your phone from a sending to a receiving device, click on “Want to transfer from this phone instead?” on the first Migrate screen.
- Click here to learn about other transfer options